CITY OF OAKLAND PARK INFORMATION & RESOURCES
City of Oakland Park, Emergency Orders & Updates
- City of Oakland Park Mask Use Order – April 7, 2020
- City of Oakland Park Safer At Home Order – March 27, 2020
- City of Oakland Park Keep It Moving, Keep it Safe April 29, 2020
City Operations Under The State of Emergency
Due to the Coronavirus pandemic, all city buildings have been closed to the public. City services remain operational but staff is on a modified schedule for safety reasons. Activities such as building inspections and code response may be limited. Please contact us at 954-630-4335 8:00 am to 8:00 pm weekdays for more information.
City Facilities :
- City Hall and all City buildings are closed to the public until further notice.
- Due to the closure of City Hall, the City Commission meeting for April 1, 2020 can be accessed remotely. Please view the meeting on city webstream on website, Comcast channel 78 or ATT Channel 99. Public comments (250 words maximum) can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org by 6:30 p.m. April 1, 2020.
- All City community centers are closed until further notice.
- All City events and facility rentals are suspended until further notice.
City of Oakland Park Commission Meetings
Due to the Coronavirus (COVID-19), all City facilities are closed, including City Hall. The City Commission meeting will be held per the Governor’s Executive Order 20-69, and can be viewed via webstream on the City’s website http://www.oaklandparkfl.gov, on Comcast Channel 78, AT&T Channel 99, or on the City’s website the following day.
Public comments (no more than 250 words) can be submitted for the record to email@example.com by 6:30 p.m. on the day of the meeting. For more information, please call the City Clerk’s office at 954-630-4300.
Parks and Recreation:
- All City parks closed as per Broward County 20-03 “Safer at Home” order. This order went into effect at 12:01 a.m. Friday, March 27, 2020.The order restricts public outings to essential activity.
- The Bark Park, City Boat Ramp, playgrounds, pavilions, restrooms, exercise equipment, basketball, tennis, volleyball, bocce and pickle ball courts are closed.
Bulk, Garbage, and Recycling Collection Services continue to operate on their regular schedules.
The City’s Call Center is open weekdays from 8 AM to 8 PM at 954-630-4335 should you have any questions concerning city services. Para instrucciones en espanol por favor llama 954-630-4301. Check the city’s website for the most current information.
Other city services remain operational, but staff is on a modified schedule for safety reasons. Activities such as building inspections and code response may be limited. City staff continues working in most offices (other staff remotely) and available by telephone and email. View contact information here.
The City of Oakland Park’s Building Services Office is operating on normally scheduled hours with modified lobby hours and services listed below. The city will continue to review and process existing building permits and inspections, but customers should expect delays with any new applications being submitted to the city.
Many services are available 24/7 online at: http://www.oaklandparkfl.gov/312/Permit-Access including:
- Schedule an Inspection
- View Inspection Details
- View or Print Comments
- Make payments through EnerGov (permits submitted after Nov. 2019)
Building & Permitting customers are encouraged to call the city’s Building Division at 954-630-4350 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
During these precautionary measures, residents and businesses are advised and encouraged to utilize the city’s online services and conduct their business remotely whenever possible. Oakland Park’s online services include:
- Business Tax Receipts
- City Commission Agendas
- City Commission Meeting Webstreaming
- Code Enforcement
- Permit Access
- Public Records Search
- Registration for Parks and Leisure Activities
- Request Tracker
- Utility Bill Payments
City of Oakland Park Call Center
The City Call Center Is open weekdays from 8 a.m. to 8 pm should you have any questions. The telephone number is 954-630-4335 or you can visit our website for updated information at: http://www.oaklandparkfl.gov.
City of Oakland Park Buddy Program
Don’t go at quarantine alone, you have a buddy waiting to talk to you with the City of Oakland Park Buddy Program.
For more information or to volunteer, call Bruce Garrison at 954-630-4502 or email him at email@example.com.
Stay informed with city news and updates:
This information is provided as a courtesy. Should you have any questions please contact the City of Oakland Park directly.